Skip to main content

What The Shadow Self Wants

Hug Drawing at GetDrawings | Free download
I want your love

Tell me you love my ideas
Tell me I did my best
Tell me that nobody else matters to you but me
Tell me you'll help clear out my fears

Give me your hand to hold on to
Give me your shoulder to cry
Give me a warm, affectionate gaze
Give me the belief that I'm the best

I know there are better people out there
With more drive, passion and love
I just want to know that I am
One person who makes your world explode with joy

Show me your acceptance of my nature
All the good, the bad and the in between
I have been taught to judge and hate my imperfection
I need your compassion for my peace

Take me to a place far away
Where the stars meet the sea
Hold my face in your gaze
As though within me, you see beauty

I don't need you to put me on a pedestal
I don't need you to put me down
I only want your acceptance, understanding and love
That tells me, no matter what, I'll be safe and sound.

Give me some sunshine 
Give me some rain
Give me another chance 
I wanna grow up once again...!

Pin by Kolya Lynne Smith on Affection/Touch/Hugs | Art, Self, Painting

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

The Whispers of Pure Love - Nenjukul Peidhidum Translation

Headphones and ambient volume  recommended :) Play the song and enjoy the meaning Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A delicate lotus sinks in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly the weather changes Penne un mel pizhai! Girl, it's all your fault! (that I feel all this when I think of you) Nillamal veesidum peralai Ceaseless waves (of love) crash (on me) Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai My sweetheart swims in my heart Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai A dazzling precious damsel Penne nee kaanchanai Girl you are golden Oh shaanthi shaanti oh shaanthi Oh Shanthi.. Yen uyirai uyirai neeyenthi You have taken away my heart Yen sendraai sendraai yennai thaandi Why did you cross over and beyond me? Ini neethan yenthan andhaathi Hereafter you alone are my beginning and ending Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A lotus sinking in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly ...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Ads