Skip to main content

Breaking Away from Social Conditioning

Walking Away From a Potentially Difficult Client | Remodeling

I have learnt that people asking me questions was more out of curiosity and less out of care.

I have learnt that no matter what I reply, they would stick to their judgement of me unless they choose to broaden their perspective.

I learnt that what they thought about me doesn't matter

What I think about me, however, does matter

I don't need to seek approval or approve

I need to seek acceptance of me by myself.

Nobody is going to think better or worse of me.

And the world will move on regardless of whether I follow my dreams or stick to comfort zones.

I am not the center of the universe and there is no spotlight on me deeply analyzing my every move.

Its all in my overthinking mind

Anxiety, perfectionism, being an obsessive control freak, fear of rejection, fear of failure, constant seeking of external validation, is a by product of heavily and unnecessarily processing those opinions of the world, that need to be taken lightly with a pinch of dust.

And I am going to shift away from my social conditioning and recondition myself to be the person I want me to be.

It might take days, weeks, months or years but I will persevere, uncover and transform myself into the person I am authentically meant to be.

"Your first thought shows your social conditioning
your second thought shows your innate nature
your first action shows your character"

Patterns can be rewired
Thoughts can be redirected
Actions can be reformed
Character can be renewed.

That's exactly what I'm doing.


Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Shadow Self (1) - Facing Our Shadow Self

Facing our dark side Though there are many versions of the concept of 'Shadow Self', the one that I feel to be most well rounded is the Carl Jungian concept of the Shadow Self. The shadow self are the parts of our own nature that we wish to avoid looking at and hence that which we wish to avoid relating our self image with. It refers to the neglected parts of ourselves that we would have pushed away into our subconscious because we intentionally or unintentionally avoid dealing with it, at the moment when it begged to be dealt with, out of the pressure of our own beliefs of who we should or should not be. It can include everything outside the light of our consciousness and may be positive or negative. Now, I believe we are energy itself. When a part of our energy begs for our attention because it feels hurt or at a lower vibration, it is up to us, whether we decide to deal with that part of ourselves or not. Of course,  1. the surrounding environment,  2...

Ads