Skip to main content

Free Spirited Wanderers


We do not become 
shameful people,
When we earn 
society's disapproval; 

Nor do we become good people
When society approves our actions.

We only become a carbon copy of what society wants us to be, 
when we gain its approval 

And a copy of what 
It doesn't want us to be 
when we gain its disapproval.

In reality, 
we are not carbon copies
or even carbon;
We are unique complex compounds of our own kind 
And we listen 
to the calling of our souls

Some parts of us are readily approved by society, 
Other parts are not;
that's alright with us.

Society is all about balance.
Its changes its direction to achieve equilibrium amidst 
turmoil
And one day, 
it will welcome us 
to lead it forward

For we were brave enough 
to be ourselves
And we inspire that courage 
in others.

We don't do this for popularity
Or to win any gold
We do this because its our truth
The truth of our soul.

We consciously choose to be 
true to our authentic selves
And we can't be put 
into defined boxes,
Since we continuously 
evolve into new forms.

Until we are called to lead,
We go find our tribes
And heighten our vibes
For the Universe is our home
And we are
wanderers in our rooms.


Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

A Birthday Post to Me (Why not? :P)

Today marks the beginning of the 20th year of my earthly existence, although I feel like a 10 year old kid with 10 years of work experience with life.  I generally wouldn't really like celebrating my birthday (which would usually consist of wishes from my loved ones, a new dress gifted by my parents and a surprise cake from my sister). I felt I had to achieve something worthy enough to call for a "celebration", so to speak. But this year though, is so radically different. Obviously, the year 2020 or infamously known as The Year That Must Not Be Named (Voldemort reference), has turned all birthdays from the month of March into "Quarantine Birthdays", because literally, the birthday humans were either in self isolation or in lock down. Yet for me, this is such a beautiful birthday that I take pride in celebrating. This day is definitely a cornerstone and a turning point in my life. It marks the culmination of my inner journey of soul searching, life purpose findin...

Ads