Skip to main content

Shadow Self (3) – Journey to Self Realization


Thank you dear readers for travelling with me till this third and final article of our series.
I am grateful if you find my blog to be insightful and helpful.

hindu enlightenment Archives - Elliots World
Self Realization

Healing my shadow self has helped me grow to accept and love myself for who I am and has also shown me glimpses of a greater Truth.

The epiphany and revelation that I meditate upon and have a growing faith in, as each day passes by, is the Truth of Love and the Love of Truth.

Love is the energy of the universe and It can only exist in a place of Truth. Since we all are energetic manifestations of the universe itself, then logically, we embody Love and we are Love at our core.

I imagine the ultimate energy of Love being hidden beneath the various layers of ego, like the petals hide the nectar of the bud. The ego arrogantly thinks that only it exists and is real, but it doesn’t understand that it exists because it is in denial of Love.

If and when the ego understands this truth, the illusion is cleared and it dissolves into its source energy of Love.

The clearing of the illusion is not a one-time affair but rather happens repeatedly until we accept the Truth whole heartedly.

Epiphanies and revelations occur when the illusion clears up for just the right amount of time for us to register the existence of a greater Truth.

For me, my epiphanies and revelations have stirred a seemingly insatiable and innocent curiosity to know more about this Truth of Love.

The Love I speak of is not a romantic or platonic love but the Love of Compassion and Understanding.

It is a warm, comforting and safe energy that has unconditional acceptance, unconditional support, unconditional compassion and unconditional love for all of us living beings.

It is timeless, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. Those who seek It persistently with devotion become one with it.

Love knows no ego, insecurity or bitterness.
It is as humble as the ant and ferocious as a tsunami.
It is as gentle as a warm autumn breeze and strong as a devastating hurricane.
It is as naΓ―ve as a baby in the womb and as all knowing as a mother.
It accepts any offering from dust to the costliest diamonds with the same temperance.
It accepts everyone as its own and gently protects everyone with its embrace.
It teaches us the lessons we must learn to clear out the layers of ego, karma and negativity, however hard it seems for us.

I seem to have been reborn with a new perspective of the world and of me. I do sometimes slip into my falsely comforting ego and when I realize that I am in its grip, I seek solace in Love.

Misunderstandings, fights, civil wars break out when we identify too much with our ego and too little with Love.

I call this Truth as Love and I have heard other names for it like God, Supreme Being, Ultimate One, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Sai Ram, Siva, Vishnu, Universe, Self, Brahman etc.

Choose whichever form you identify with and respect the choice of others as you cannot force your version of Truth on someone else; you can only live your Truth.

Love exists in a place of Truth and Truth exists in a place of Love. 
Fear, resentment, insecurity, inferiority, jealousy, terrorism is not Love; these are the false entities that need Love, because their root would be ego (of being the only correct idea) and feeling unloved (and hence unsafe).

All religious texts, at their core, propound the philosophy of Love, in different forms.

Some say “Love Your Enemy” which implies “Give compassion and understanding to your enemy because then they cease to be your rival and become your equal”.

Others say “You will only be an instrument of my work” which implies that “You are a manifestation of Me and so you are a part from me and not a third person”.

A few others may state “I am the creator of my own reality” and this implies that “I manifest my own reality and so do others. We are the creators” (another form of the Love).

I hope these examples suffice to help the reader understand that the many different perspectives ultimately lead to the same Truth.

With this thought, I conclude my series.

Embrace Your Inner Fantasy… | Eckhart tolle quotes
...πŸ˜‰...
___________________________________________________

_________________________________________

All sources referred to have been linked accordingly.

Popular posts from this blog

A translation of Malargal Kaeten - A tribute to the Universe

(best experienced with musicπŸ‘†) Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Yedhai naan kaetpin.... What should I ask then... ...Aaaahhhhhh....Aaaahhhhhhh... Y edhai naan kaetpin  unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen.... Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen... Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Ga - Ga Ma Ga Ma - Ri Ma Ga

Insights from MBA - Work, Play, Tea and Everything in Between

It's 12:38 AM in my clock.  I'm on holidays.  Ideally I could be asleep. But I'm not. I honestly miss the life at campus, where, on a regular day, I'd be in a frenzied brainstorming session with my group mates, trying to squeeze our collective brain cells to come up with a presentation for the 8 AM lecture next day.  I've had plenty of ups and downs, surprises and disappointments, core memories and gut wrenching experiences in a bundle of mere 6 months with this course. Each day would be different in its challenges. Navigating everything  - new approaches to lectures, discussions, interpersonal relationships, the dynamic campus layout (it deserves a Marauder's Map), being boxed into a solo room, finding friends, finding yourself... the list goes on!! - and trying to stay afloat without nearing burnout is an achievement of its own. I was foolish enough to think I could glide through this with grace. I had accumulated so many useful mindsets, techniques, tools and

BYOV- Be Your Own Valentine

Greetings wanderer! I sure hope January 2021 has been a month of reflections, insights, celebrations and joy for you as it has been for me. I cannot believe the extent to which I have accelerated in my spiritual journey and I have my amazingly supportive and wonderfully open minded soul family to thank ( shout out to y'all! ) for being with me every step of the way. Alright, before you switch tabs or exit this page entirely (I promise it contains exactly what the title says... bear with me as you always lovingly do), I dive deep into today's topic (which has a lot to do with the preamble of this article) and announce to your ever supportive eyes that this year on, I am my own valentine (by choice)! Self Partnering is the new Single What do I mean by that?  I mean to say I have learnt to unconditionally accept and love the beautiful jumble of soul, spirit, mind, muscle and bones that forms me. I have promised to me that I'll nurture myself everyday and strive to transform al

Ads