Skip to main content

The Whispers of Pure Love - Nenjukul Peidhidum Translation


Headphones and ambient volume 
recommended :)
Play the song and enjoy the meaning



Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai
A gentle rainstorm in my heart

Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai
A delicate lotus sinks in its waters

Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai
Suddenly the weather changes

Penne un mel pizhai!
Girl, it's all your fault!
(that I feel all this when I think of you)

Nillamal veesidum peralai
Ceaseless waves (of love) crash
(on me)

Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai
My sweetheart swims in my heart

Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai
A dazzling precious damsel

Penne nee kaanchanai
Girl you are golden

Oh shaanthi shaanti oh shaanthi
Oh Shanthi..

Yen uyirai uyirai neeyenthi
You have taken away my heart

Yen sendraai sendraai yennai thaandi
Why did you cross over
and beyond me?

Ini neethan yenthan andhaathi
Hereafter you alone are
my beginning and ending

Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai
A gentle rainstorm in my heart

Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai
A lotus sinking in its waters

Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai
Suddenly the weather changes

Penne un mel pizhai
Girl its all your fault!

...instrumental interlude...

Yedho ondru yennai eerkka
Something unknown attracts me
(to you)

Mookin nuni marmam serkka
Even the tip of your nose seems
mysterious (alluring)

Kalla thanam yethum illaa
There is no mischief or foul play

Punnagaiyo bogam illa
There is nothing else in
your innocent smile

Nee nindra idam endraal vilai yeri pogaadho
If they are the places where you stand,
won't their prices fly high?

Nee sellum vazhi ellam panikatti aagadho
The pathways where you wander,
won't they freeze into ice?

Yennodu vaa veedu varaikkum
Come with me, till my home

Yen veetai paar, yennai pidikkum
See my home, you'll definitely like me

Ival yaaro yaaro theriyaadhe
Who is this girl? I know not

Ival pinnal nenje pogaadhe
Don't follow her, oh heart!

Idhu poiyo meyyo theriyaadhe
Is this a lie or reality? I know not

Ival pinnal nenje pogaadhe
Don't follow her, oh heart!

Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai
A gentle rainstorm in my heart

Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai
A delicate lotus sinks in its waters

Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai
Suddenly the weather changes

Penne un mel pizhai...ohh..
Girl, it's all your fault!

Nillamal veesidum peralai
Ceaseless waves (of love) crash
(on me)

Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai
My sweetheart swims in my heart

Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai
A dazzling precious damsel

Penne nee kaanchanai
Girl you are golden

..........

Thookangalai thooki chendraai
(thooki sendrai)
You've taken away my peaceful slumber
(taken away)

Yekkangalai thoovi chendraai
Yearnings, you've spread plenty

Unnai thaandi pogum bodhu
(pogum bodhu)
Whenever I cross paths with you
(when I do)

Veesum kaatrin veechu veru
The wind changes its direction

Nil endru nee sonnal,
yen kaalum nagaradhe
If you tell me to stop,
my feet won't move

Nee soodum poovellam
oru podhum udhiradhe
The flowers you wear,
will never wither

Kadhal enai ketkka villa
Love didn't ask me
(before making me fall for you)

Kettaal adhu kadhal illa
If it had, then its not love

Yen jeevan jeevan neethane
yena thondrum neram idhuthane
This is the time when
I feel you to be my life and soul

Nee illai illai yendrale
yen nenjam nenjam thaangadhe
If you are no longer there,
my heart can't bear it

Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai
A gentle rainstorm in my heart

Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai
A delicate lotus sinks in its waters

Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai
Suddenly the weather changes

Penne un mel pizhai!
Girl, it's all your fault!

Nillamal veesidum peralai
Ceaseless waves (of love) crash
(on me)

Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai
My sweetheart swims in my heart

Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai
A dazzling precious damsel

Penne nee kaanchanai
Girl you are golden

Oh shaanthi shaanti oh shaanthi
Oh Shanthi..

Yen uyirai uyirai neeyenthi
You have taken away my heart

Yen sendraai sendraai yennai thaandi
Why did you cross over and beyond me?

Ini neethan yenthan andhaathi
Hereafter you are
my beginning and ending

____________

Lyrics by Thamarai,
Sung by Hariharan, Devan and V Prasanna, 
from the movie Varanam Aayiram starring Surya, Simran, Sameera Reddy and Divya Spandana in the lead roles,
directed by GVM with music scored by Harris Jayaraj.

(I take credit only for the translation of the lyrics)
________________
This is such a feel good, clean song that is a forever part of my mixed playlists.

The words are very soothing, the voice very soulful with a perfect balance of yearnings and innocence, the music is off the charts amazingly composed.

On the whole, its a classic masterpiece of a song, with literally no direct or indirect allusions to objectifying any body parts (a relief) and quite frankly, a song that portrays love in its most innocent and universally enjoyable form.

The lyrics, which are my favourite (!!), have a lovely word play that convey deep meaning without even trying to.

The musical score, which is a classic masterpiece, surprises you with unexpected yet perfectly fitting interludes and change of pace.

Its a song that makes you want to hear and hum along with it :)

Wear headphones, relax your posture and feel your heart melt while listening to this beauty.

Nenjukul Maamazhai Peidhidume!

Popular posts from this blog

A Message to All Hoomans

        One day an Alien came to Earth Expecting to find it full of joy & mirth But the scene that met its eyes Was worse than the shrill screeching of mice Everywhere it saw, men And women were fighting As to which one was greater Neither giving any logical evidence for citing Man said " I'm the greater one For I'm physically strong" Woman said " I'm the one who bears babies And therefore you are wrong" Man said  "I'm more courageous And that's a point for reckoning" Woman said " I'm your better half Without me you're nothing" Man said " I can do many things That you can never imagine to do" Woman said " I can too And hence, the same back at you" At this the alien wondered aloud "What's happening in this planet?! This is different from what my mom said In a childhood sonnet!" "I was told in school too That Earth was inhabited by humans Never did I know that there existed Two ...

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Ads