Skip to main content

Faulty Teaching


We are taught to "appear" amazing on the outside
not to feel amazing on the inside

We are taught to hide our flaws 
and be ashamed of them 
not to work with our flaws 
and see their value

We are taught to silence and suppress 
our inner demons 
not to understand and heal them

We are taught to appear aloof 
and keep it "cool" 
when expressing and managing our emotions healthily is better

We are taught asking for help is weak
when help is what we need

We are taught that feeling anger, 
jealousy, lust, resentment is bad
when these are all valid feelings 
carrying a deeper meaning

We learn to put on a convincingly happy face
when we feel dead and lonely inside

We are taught to be vigilant 
and to trust nobody
not to be compassionate 
with healthy boundaries

We are taught to coldly judge 
and be smartly sarcastic
not to warmly understand 
and lovingly speak 

We are taught to be passive aggressive 
not to be straight forward 

We are taught to abuse close family 
in the name of love 
and use them to let out our stress
not to relieve our stress using healthier methods

We are taught to have children 
as a solution to our problems
when its our problem to solve 
and not theirs

We are taught to cling on 
to toxic relationships 
with a victim mentality
not to bravely let go, 
appreciate the memories created, 
understand the lessons learnt, 
heal the wounds formed, 
evolve and move on

We learn to silently accept abuse 
to be love 
from the people we trust
not to loudly speak up for ourselves 
and defend our boundaries
when we feel uncomfortable

We are taught to 'keep the peace' 
by ignoring red flags
when having difficult conversations 
help to bring peace, 
at least for you

We are taught that we "need to fix" our partner
when their baggage is not ours to unpack
and only they can save themselves

We learn that being self partnered 
or "single for too long" is bad
not to cultivate self love 
and appreciate our alone time

We are taught to fear change
when change is the only constant

We are taught to survive independently 
as one human
not to thrive interdependently 
as one species 

We are taught to get by life easily
not to go after our own passions, 
no matter the difficulties

We are taught to be someone, somewhere 
not to be authentic, anywhere 

We are taught to fit in to be safe 
wherever we are
not to be ourselves 
and find our tribe

Its time we unlearn lies and relearn truth
Its time we had a reality check
Its time we clean up our act
Its time we stop living a lie
Its time.

How to Remove the Mask and Stop Pretending - Andrew Landers - Medium
Stop living a lie

My inspiration for this poem:


Popular posts from this blog

A translation of Malargal Kaeten - A tribute to the Universe

(best experienced with music๐Ÿ‘†) Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Yedhai naan kaetpin.... What should I ask then... ...Aaaahhhhhh....Aaaahhhhhhh... Y edhai naan kaetpin  unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen.... Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen... Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Ga - Ga Ma Ga Ma - Ri Ma Ga

Insights from MBA - Work, Play, Tea and Everything in Between

It's 12:38 AM in my clock.  I'm on holidays.  Ideally I could be asleep. But I'm not. I honestly miss the life at campus, where, on a regular day, I'd be in a frenzied brainstorming session with my group mates, trying to squeeze our collective brain cells to come up with a presentation for the 8 AM lecture next day.  I've had plenty of ups and downs, surprises and disappointments, core memories and gut wrenching experiences in a bundle of mere 6 months with this course. Each day would be different in its challenges. Navigating everything  - new approaches to lectures, discussions, interpersonal relationships, the dynamic campus layout (it deserves a Marauder's Map), being boxed into a solo room, finding friends, finding yourself... the list goes on!! - and trying to stay afloat without nearing burnout is an achievement of its own. I was foolish enough to think I could glide through this with grace. I had accumulated so many useful mindsets, techniques, tools and

BYOV- Be Your Own Valentine

Greetings wanderer! I sure hope January 2021 has been a month of reflections, insights, celebrations and joy for you as it has been for me. I cannot believe the extent to which I have accelerated in my spiritual journey and I have my amazingly supportive and wonderfully open minded soul family to thank ( shout out to y'all! ) for being with me every step of the way. Alright, before you switch tabs or exit this page entirely (I promise it contains exactly what the title says... bear with me as you always lovingly do), I dive deep into today's topic (which has a lot to do with the preamble of this article) and announce to your ever supportive eyes that this year on, I am my own valentine (by choice)! Self Partnering is the new Single What do I mean by that?  I mean to say I have learnt to unconditionally accept and love the beautiful jumble of soul, spirit, mind, muscle and bones that forms me. I have promised to me that I'll nurture myself everyday and strive to transform al

Ads