In darkness lost was I, as the guiding light you came
Kaattil Tholainthaen,Vazhiyaai Vanthanai
In the forest lost was I, as the way out you came
Irulil Tholainthaen,Oliyaai Vanthanai
In darkness lost was I, as the guiding light you came
Ethanil Tholainthaal...
Where should I lose myself...
(hmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmm)
tha thum
tha ga dhi na tha ga dhi na thom tha ga dhi na thom tha
thum tha ga dhi na
tha ga thi na thom tha ga dhi na thom tha
thum tha ga dhi na tha
tha ga dhi na thom
tha ga dhi na thom tha
tha ga dhi na
tha
ga thi na thom
tha ga dhi na thom
tha
tha ga dhi na tha ga thi na thom tha ga dhi na thom
tha
Ethanil Tholainthaal Neeyae Varuvaai...?
Where should I lose myself, for You to come?
Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave
Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave
(flute instrumental)
Pallam Veezhnthaen Sigaram Saerthanai
In a low valley I fell, to the highest peak you carried me
Vellam Veezhnthaen Karaiyil Saerthanai
In raging waters I fell, to the calm shore you carried me
Pallam Veezhnthaen Sigaram Saerthanai
In a low valley I fell, to the highest peak you carried me
Vellam Veezhnthaen Karaiyil Saerthanai
In raging waters I fell, to the calm shore you carried me
Ethanil Veezhnthaal....
Where should I fall...
...aahhhhh....aahhhhhhhhh....aahhhhhhhh aaaah...
Ethanil Veezhnthaal Unnidam Saerppaai...?
Where should I fall, to be carried/taken to You?
Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave
Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave
Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave
Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave
Yedhai naan kaetpin....
What should I ask then..
....ahhhhhh...aaahhh...
Y
edhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....?
What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....?
unaiyae tharuvaai ....?
For you to give yourself...?
Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave
Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave
Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave
Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave
______________________
I find this song to be soulful, deep, melodious with devotional correlations.
Of course, in context with the movie OK Kanmani, this was meant to be a romantic number describing how one lover reminisces about the other and yearns to unite forever with their counterpart.
I relate the lyrics (which are mesmerizing and pull at all the right heart strings) with the Universe, which for me has done exactly what the lover has done for their counterpart in this song.
I had and have asked for what I thought was the best for me and I ended up receiving much more than I could even imagine, in comparison to which my initial desire seemed feeble.
I had and have asked for a few moments of peace to help me regain my strength to deal with chaos and I ended up receiving liberation from the chaos.
I have so much to thank the Universe for and my long term yearning is to merge with It that has given me so much abundance.... When will this union happen? When will I finally rest in peace merged inside my Universe?
I know not...yet I yearn for it, with quiet expectation and complete trust that the Universe itself is guiding me in my journey to unite with it like a mother guides her crawling baby from a distance to finally merge inside her warm bosom...Protecting me at all times yet allowing me to learn my lessons on my own, waiting patiently for me to reach It.
............................
Music Credits-AR Rahman
Lyrics Credits- Vairamuthu
Main Vocals - K S Chitra & A R Rahman
Music Label - Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt Ltd
Film- OK Kanmani
Swaraa Credits:
@VoxGuru
http://www.pratibhamusic.com/
I have linked the originally released lyric video & swaraa tutorial video available in YouTube, none of which are my productions.
The creators are to be credited for their respective work♥️🙏
Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...! I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...
Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...
Facing our dark side Though there are many versions of the concept of 'Shadow Self', the one that I feel to be most well rounded is the Carl Jungian concept of the Shadow Self. The shadow self are the parts of our own nature that we wish to avoid looking at and hence that which we wish to avoid relating our self image with. It refers to the neglected parts of ourselves that we would have pushed away into our subconscious because we intentionally or unintentionally avoid dealing with it, at the moment when it begged to be dealt with, out of the pressure of our own beliefs of who we should or should not be. It can include everything outside the light of our consciousness and may be positive or negative. Now, I believe we are energy itself. When a part of our energy begs for our attention because it feels hurt or at a lower vibration, it is up to us, whether we decide to deal with that part of ourselves or not. Of course, 1. the surrounding environment, 2...