Skip to main content

Feeling Hopeless


When I’ve been praying for something to occur for so long....that its no more a prayer but an obsession

And my mind is constantly thinking and overthinking...never ending doubts

When will it happen? Where will it happen? How will it happen?

Till I become so dejected, frustrated and exasperated
That I ask Will it happen?
And finally say I don’t care if it happens.

Magic occurs when I state this.

Because when I state “I don’t care anymore”
I’m no longer chasing the boon
But allowing it to find me

When I say I don’t care if it happens,
I no longer need something external to fill a void in me.

When I say I don’t care,
I find what I need within me
And hence attracting the boon.

What you seek is within you. (With images) | Manifestation quotes ...
...if only you search inwards...


Fear not dear readers, when you feel hopeless, lost and frustrated
Respect this feeling and allow it to flow through you
Understand the root of this feeling to be
You seeking without what exists within

When you go to seek a gem outside
Never finding what you want, the frustration rising,
Finally feeling dejected, come home not to seek but to rest
Rest knowing you can live your life without the gem
And as you enter your space
With the thought of rest and not the race
Finding a comfortable place to lay down
Within seconds, the gem that you sought, is found!

Would you have believed your home to be a treasure trove had someone prophesied it to you?

Would you have believed your place to be heaven had an angel dropped this thought in your head?

Perhaps you would have believed if someone else had found a gem within your home
And you, frantically searching for the same inside
Sometimes finding it, sometimes not
Never allowing the flow to flow
Or allowing the gem to find you
Settling for something purely out of desperation.

Why do you take your home for granted?
That it will remain to be ordinary without hidden treasures?

Why not begin to clear your own space first
Before you chase illusions in the outside dust?

What you seek exists in you
And you will find it
When you create a space within your place
And allow it to find you J

________________________________________________

In my relatively short experience of living life, I have come to this simple realization: What I seek exists within me.

If I 'chase' something, it pretty much means that it is out of my reach (why would I chase something within reach?) and it will remain to be out of reach, even when I catch it, because I have chosen something outside or without to fill something inside or within me, when I already have that something within me; I need to search inside me.

No wonder I tend to feel temporarily happy and permanently hungry after I 'catch' what I chase since it is the reflection I've been chasing and not the object itself.
Holding Water In Cupped Hands Stock Photo - Image of pond ...
I've been trying to catch my reflection in the water, not realizing that it is a reflection and thinking it to be the real object.

So where would the object be? Within me.

What should I do to find that object? Let my obsession over the reflection go, calm my mind and create the space in my mind which allows that object to come to me.

Which is not the easiest thing to do in reality.

The reflection, though an illusion, gives me an ego boost that I can 'catch' it (we humans are hunter-gatherers by nature... this is how we are programmed by our evolution)

Whereas the meditation and mindfulness forces me to surrender my ego for something better-the object I seek.

Untitled | Shadow photography, Reflection photos, Reflection ...
I am the object creating the reflection

In my journey till now, it has been extremely difficult for me to surrender my ego and trust the Universe entirely (my ego is basically the pride I have in me and I take a tonne of pride in myself).

And the times when I did, my hopeless state was flipped on its head within seconds and miracles which I could have never dreamed of, entered my life.

Frozen Let It Go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios - Find ...
...Let it go and watch what happens...

Now, why on earth would I be blocking the miracles meant for me? Who doesn't love miracles? I now realise that I was not receptive or open enough to receive unexpected blessings because I had been expecting blessings to come in the form I wanted them to come.

I could be desperate for one gold coin and want just one round golden colored coin, obsessing over its shape, weight and size, while avoiding any dusty old brown box (unknown to me, containing thousands of gold coins) that came my way since it didn't look like that one coin I wanted and expected to receive. 

Miracles are almost never in the shape I expect them to be and I'm learning to be more appreciative of what I do receive and less obsessive over how I receive it.

This beautiful lyric from the song Malargal Kaettaen in the movie OK Kanmani, sums up the magic of miracles when you are ready to receive them in any form.

Malargal Kaetaen, Vaname Thanthanai
Flowers I asked, a Garden you gave
Thanneer Kaetaen, Amirtham Thanthanai
Water I asked, Nectar you gave

I hope this helps you, dear reader, to let go of your worries, focus on yourself and your work and allow unexpected blessings and miracles to flood your life, all of which you definitely deserve.

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

A Birthday Post to Me (Why not? :P)

Today marks the beginning of the 20th year of my earthly existence, although I feel like a 10 year old kid with 10 years of work experience with life.  I generally wouldn't really like celebrating my birthday (which would usually consist of wishes from my loved ones, a new dress gifted by my parents and a surprise cake from my sister). I felt I had to achieve something worthy enough to call for a "celebration", so to speak. But this year though, is so radically different. Obviously, the year 2020 or infamously known as The Year That Must Not Be Named (Voldemort reference), has turned all birthdays from the month of March into "Quarantine Birthdays", because literally, the birthday humans were either in self isolation or in lock down. Yet for me, this is such a beautiful birthday that I take pride in celebrating. This day is definitely a cornerstone and a turning point in my life. It marks the culmination of my inner journey of soul searching, life purpose findin...

Ads