Skip to main content

That Special Someone

Someone who respects you,
treats you right, 
unconditionally loves you, 

who sees the beauty in your cracks, 
heals you, nurtures you, 
bears with your mistakes, 
forgives you, 
takes time-outs when the stress is too much 
but doesn't break the bond, 

who encourages you to be your best self, 
is your biggest motivator & cheerleader, 
celebrates your baby steps, 
has your back when you stumble and fall, 
never uses your insecurities against you, 
never puts you down or beats you up
never shames you for being yourself

who never forces you to do anything
who respects your privacy
gives you the time and space you need, 
expects nothing but to see you thrive 
in doing what you love, 
is always there to give you love and understanding 
no matter how your day went or how your life is, 

who has boundaries which you respect, 
stops you before you burn yourself out, 
acts like a sounding board for your ideas, 
gives you constructive feedback on your work, 
motivates you to be the healthiest 
and most authentic version of yourself, 

Who watches out for you, 
Who your close circles love & respect
Who is your: 
3 am friend, 
6 am good morning text, 
1 pm did you eat? , 
5 pm come home safe, 
8 pm I made a special dinner,
10 pm good night, 
all time 'I love you for who you are' person, 

who makes you feel comfortable to be yourself, 
laughs at all your jokes, 
knows all your sob stories, 
understands your triggers, anxieties and pet peeves, 
doesn't hold your past against you, 
pushes you to be better 
while giving you the belief that you are good enough.

Who is fiercely loyal and protective of you.
Who stands up for you no matter what.
Someone who is a safe home.
Someone you love spending time with
Someone who helps you feel happy and safe

And that someone who you totally deserve

Is Y O U

love you
Now read it again

Being your own special someone 
doesn't mean you are self centered, 
egoistic or shallow. 
It rather means 
you don't need someone to be your hero.
You can be there for others and for yourself too
It means you can survive and thrive 
by being your own Knight in Shining Armour...
and when the Universe decides to send someone special 
on your path, you will know your worth 
and how you deserve to be treated. 
You will know how to be 
a genuinely loving and supporting partner 
and will not settle for anything or anyone less

You can be an amazing person to someone else
only when you are an amazing person to yourself
To be relevant to someone else
you need to feel relevant to yourself

Love yourself
💖Love Your Goofy Self 💖

Popular posts from this blog

A translation of Malargal Kaeten - A tribute to the Universe

(best experienced with music👆) Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Yedhai naan kaetpin.... What should I ask then... ...Aaaahhhhhh....Aaaahhhhhhh... Y edhai naan kaetpin  unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen.... Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen... Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Ga - Ga Ma Ga Ma - Ri Ma Ga

Insights from MBA - Work, Play, Tea and Everything in Between

It's 12:38 AM in my clock.  I'm on holidays.  Ideally I could be asleep. But I'm not. I honestly miss the life at campus, where, on a regular day, I'd be in a frenzied brainstorming session with my group mates, trying to squeeze our collective brain cells to come up with a presentation for the 8 AM lecture next day.  I've had plenty of ups and downs, surprises and disappointments, core memories and gut wrenching experiences in a bundle of mere 6 months with this course. Each day would be different in its challenges. Navigating everything  - new approaches to lectures, discussions, interpersonal relationships, the dynamic campus layout (it deserves a Marauder's Map), being boxed into a solo room, finding friends, finding yourself... the list goes on!! - and trying to stay afloat without nearing burnout is an achievement of its own. I was foolish enough to think I could glide through this with grace. I had accumulated so many useful mindsets, techniques, tools and

BYOV- Be Your Own Valentine

Greetings wanderer! I sure hope January 2021 has been a month of reflections, insights, celebrations and joy for you as it has been for me. I cannot believe the extent to which I have accelerated in my spiritual journey and I have my amazingly supportive and wonderfully open minded soul family to thank ( shout out to y'all! ) for being with me every step of the way. Alright, before you switch tabs or exit this page entirely (I promise it contains exactly what the title says... bear with me as you always lovingly do), I dive deep into today's topic (which has a lot to do with the preamble of this article) and announce to your ever supportive eyes that this year on, I am my own valentine (by choice)! Self Partnering is the new Single What do I mean by that?  I mean to say I have learnt to unconditionally accept and love the beautiful jumble of soul, spirit, mind, muscle and bones that forms me. I have promised to me that I'll nurture myself everyday and strive to transform al

Ads