Skip to main content

That Special Someone

Someone who respects you,
treats you right, 
unconditionally loves you, 

who sees the beauty in your cracks, 
heals you, nurtures you, 
bears with your mistakes, 
forgives you, 
takes time-outs when the stress is too much 
but doesn't break the bond, 

who encourages you to be your best self, 
is your biggest motivator & cheerleader, 
celebrates your baby steps, 
has your back when you stumble and fall, 
never uses your insecurities against you, 
never puts you down or beats you up
never shames you for being yourself

who never forces you to do anything
who respects your privacy
gives you the time and space you need, 
expects nothing but to see you thrive 
in doing what you love, 
is always there to give you love and understanding 
no matter how your day went or how your life is, 

who has boundaries which you respect, 
stops you before you burn yourself out, 
acts like a sounding board for your ideas, 
gives you constructive feedback on your work, 
motivates you to be the healthiest 
and most authentic version of yourself, 

Who watches out for you, 
Who your close circles love & respect
Who is your: 
3 am friend, 
6 am good morning text, 
1 pm did you eat? , 
5 pm come home safe, 
8 pm I made a special dinner,
10 pm good night, 
all time 'I love you for who you are' person, 

who makes you feel comfortable to be yourself, 
laughs at all your jokes, 
knows all your sob stories, 
understands your triggers, anxieties and pet peeves, 
doesn't hold your past against you, 
pushes you to be better 
while giving you the belief that you are good enough.

Who is fiercely loyal and protective of you.
Who stands up for you no matter what.
Someone who is a safe home.
Someone you love spending time with
Someone who helps you feel happy and safe

And that someone who you totally deserve

Is Y O U

love you
Now read it again

Being your own special someone 
doesn't mean you are self centered, 
egoistic or shallow. 
It rather means 
you don't need someone to be your hero.
You can be there for others and for yourself too
It means you can survive and thrive 
by being your own Knight in Shining Armour...
and when the Universe decides to send someone special 
on your path, you will know your worth 
and how you deserve to be treated. 
You will know how to be 
a genuinely loving and supporting partner 
and will not settle for anything or anyone less

You can be an amazing person to someone else
only when you are an amazing person to yourself
To be relevant to someone else
you need to feel relevant to yourself

Love yourself
💖Love Your Goofy Self 💖

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

A Message to All Hoomans

        One day an Alien came to Earth Expecting to find it full of joy & mirth But the scene that met its eyes Was worse than the shrill screeching of mice Everywhere it saw, men And women were fighting As to which one was greater Neither giving any logical evidence for citing Man said " I'm the greater one For I'm physically strong" Woman said " I'm the one who bears babies And therefore you are wrong" Man said  "I'm more courageous And that's a point for reckoning" Woman said " I'm your better half Without me you're nothing" Man said " I can do many things That you can never imagine to do" Woman said " I can too And hence, the same back at you" At this the alien wondered aloud "What's happening in this planet?! This is different from what my mom said In a childhood sonnet!" "I was told in school too That Earth was inhabited by humans Never did I know that there existed Two ...

Ads