Skip to main content

Nira Translation


Wear headphones, click play and then read along, 
for best experience


(Sid Sriram)

Niraa..Niraa..Nee yen Niraa       
Colour, colour..you are my colour

Thira..Thira..Ninaithira..            
Ceaseless..Ceaseless..Thoughts I feel

Nodi..sugam..thara..                   
A second of bliss, to obtain,

Vali..yugam..vidaa..                    
An eon of endless pain 
............
(Sid Again)

Vizhiyile oru keeraley                
A distortion in my vision

Vizhunthathey theriyamaley      
has occured unknown to me

Tharaiyile Nizhal veguthey        
my shadow boils on the ground

Thanimaiyai ariyamale              
its loneliness unfelt

Ninaivugal Vilaiyadhuthey        
Memories play & confuse me

Nijam adhu puriyamaley            
Without understanding the reality

Idhazhgalum thirakamale           
Without opening my lips (to reach out to you)

Idhaiyangal inaindhida, uyir Pizhaithidum                                 
If my heart unites with yours, My life will be saved   

Pogathey Azhage                        
Don't go, oh beauty!

Ini thangathey uyire                    
I can't bear it anymore

Yennai thondathey thimire         
Please don't tease me, oh trickster

Pagal vesham podathey              
Don't disguise yourself in broad daylight

Unnai theeramal pidithen            
I've held on to you forever

Uyirin ulley maraithen                
I hid you inside my heart
 
Veliyil konjam naditheney          
I acted a bit aloof on the outside

Niraa..Niraa..Nee yen Niraa       
Colour, colour..you are my colour

Thira..Thira..Ninaithira..            
Ceaseless..Ceaseless..Thoughts I feel

Nodi..sugam..thara..                   
A second of bliss, to obtain,

Vali..yugam..vidaa..                    
An eon of endless pain 
................
(Sid vocalises)
Niraa....
Thiraa....
Niraa...
Thiraa..
Niraa..
........................
(GVM chuckles)

Nodigal Thaavi Odum Mutkal Odu Sandai Ittu
Vantha paathai poga solli Netrai meendum kaetan

Having fought with the guardians of time
I asked for yesterday to come back

Urugi Urugi Neeyum Ulari Pona Vaarthai yaavum
Nyabagathil thedi thedi kadhil ketu paarthen

Those beautiful words that you blabbered
I searched my memories and listened to them again

Undhan madiyil naanum urangi pona tharunam thannai
Padam piditha minnalodu pugai padangal ketten

I asked those moments where I rested on your lap
To give their photo in the flash of that memory

Udhadum udhadum urasa uyir paritha saththam yaavum 
padhivu seidhu serthu vaitha ilaigal thulaiyil etti paarthen

I shyly heard the divine (unbelievable) sound of our lip lock
which was embedded and hoarded in the veins of the leaves

Mezhugu thiriyil eriyum theeyai vanthaai
Mezhugin udalai mella yeno thindrai

you came as the lighting fire to the candle
for unknown reasons, you slowly consumed the candle (me)

Undhan Moochu Kaatraai Uudhi ponaal, Pizhaithiduven adi!
The breeze carrying your breath is enough to save me dear!

Tharaiyil thavazhum kaadhal Paarthaal enna?
Won't you see the love I have for you, crawling on the floor?

Konjam pesi pesi theerthaal enna?
Won't you speak and satisfy our longings?

Indha kaalam neram ellaam oru murai kanavaai kalainthiduma..!
Will this era and time dissolve into a dream once more...!
................
(Sid Returns)

Unnai theeramal pidithen            
I've held on to you forever

Uyirin ull maraithen                
I hid you inside my heart

Veliyil konjam naditheney          
I acted a bit aloof on the outside
........................
(Malvi Sunderesan)

Vizhiyile oru keeraley                
A distortion in my vision

Vizhunthathey theriyamaley      
has occured unknown to me

Karaiyile Nizhal veguthey        
my shadow boils on the shore

Thanimaiyai ariyamale              
its loneliness unfelt

Ninaivugal Vilaiyadhuthey        
Memories play & confuse me

Nijam adhu puriyamaley            
Without understanding the reality

Idhazhgalum thirakamale           
Without opening my lips (to reach out to you)

Idhaiyangal inaindhida, uyir Pizhaithidum                                 
If my heart unites with yours, My life will be saved    

Pogathey Azhage                        
Don't go, oh beauty!

Ini thangathey uyire                    
I can't bear it anymore

Yennai thondathey thimire         
Please don't tease me, you trickster

Pagal vesham podathey              
Don't disguise yourself in broad daylight

Unnai theeramal pidithen            
I've held on to you forever

Uyirin ulley maraithen                
I hid you inside my heart

Veliyil konjam naditheney          
I acted a bit aloof on the outside

Niraa..Niraa..Nee yen Niraa       
Colour, colour..you are my colour

Thira..Thira..Ninaithira..            
Ceaseless..Ceaseless..Thoughts I feel

Nodi..sugam..thara..                   
A second of bliss, to obtain

Vali..yugam..vidaa..                    
An eon of endless pain 
.............
(GVM returns-classic voice over)
Its not her face
Its something about her
Its just being in the right place with her
Its just the moment
Its everything about her man, I don't know what to say
Its just everything about her
No its not her face, its beyond that

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Shadow Self (1) - Facing Our Shadow Self

Facing our dark side Though there are many versions of the concept of 'Shadow Self', the one that I feel to be most well rounded is the Carl Jungian concept of the Shadow Self. The shadow self are the parts of our own nature that we wish to avoid looking at and hence that which we wish to avoid relating our self image with. It refers to the neglected parts of ourselves that we would have pushed away into our subconscious because we intentionally or unintentionally avoid dealing with it, at the moment when it begged to be dealt with, out of the pressure of our own beliefs of who we should or should not be. It can include everything outside the light of our consciousness and may be positive or negative. Now, I believe we are energy itself. When a part of our energy begs for our attention because it feels hurt or at a lower vibration, it is up to us, whether we decide to deal with that part of ourselves or not. Of course,  1. the surrounding environment,  2...

Ads