Skip to main content

Inside the Mind of a Missionary Worker

I wrote this poem in an attempt to dive inside the mind of missionary workers and healthcare warriors, who are the need of our pandemic struck world. 

I was curious to explore how they could genuinely and unconditionally give sisterly and brotherly love to victimized people, who often shame themselves - as in, they hate their own existence and don't love themselves. 

It's easy to love people who love themselves or at least have learnt to deal with their insecurities and have stopped projecting their fears and complexes onto other people. 

But how does one love someone who hates themselves? 
Let's see.

I want to love you 
no matter what you do
whether you hit, beat or curse

I want to love you
no matter who you are
genuine or a toxic farce

I want to love you
no matter what you throw
defenses, screams and abuses galore

I want to love you
You know why?
It's the only thing that's gonna 
set me free and help me fly

So how do I love you
when you are this mess
of self doubts, shame and regrets?

How do I love you
when I see you cry
all the while attacking me with "why"s

How do I love you
when you don't have a happy face
or a happy heart that does any grace?

At the end of the day
It's quite simple, don't you see?
All I have to do
Is love all of me.
____________________________

Before any missionary worker sets out to placate the demons of others, I believe they get trained to tackle their own inner demons and accept their shadow side as their own, no longer disowning it in shame. Self love and self acceptance is a great pathway to learn to unconditionally love and accept others, because as within, so without - what you do for yourself is what the world does for you. 

Missionary Mother Theresa

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

A Birthday Post to Me (Why not? :P)

Today marks the beginning of the 20th year of my earthly existence, although I feel like a 10 year old kid with 10 years of work experience with life.  I generally wouldn't really like celebrating my birthday (which would usually consist of wishes from my loved ones, a new dress gifted by my parents and a surprise cake from my sister). I felt I had to achieve something worthy enough to call for a "celebration", so to speak. But this year though, is so radically different. Obviously, the year 2020 or infamously known as The Year That Must Not Be Named (Voldemort reference), has turned all birthdays from the month of March into "Quarantine Birthdays", because literally, the birthday humans were either in self isolation or in lock down. Yet for me, this is such a beautiful birthday that I take pride in celebrating. This day is definitely a cornerstone and a turning point in my life. It marks the culmination of my inner journey of soul searching, life purpose findin...

Ads