Skip to main content

But what if

I know I can sing
but what if I get a roasting?
I know I can dance
but what if I mess up my chance?

I know I can write
but what if it's not right?
I know I can seize the stage 
but what if I stutter and disengage?

I know I can act
but what if I can't make an impact?
I know I can speak
but what if I sound meek?

I know I don't want to be like the rest
but what if I am not the best?
I know I can put up a fight
but what if I fail downright?

I know I want to be in my own skin
but what if I don't fit in?
I know I have a voice
but what if nobody accepts my choice?

I know I can soar high
but what if nobody wants to see me fly?
I know I have my own vibe
but what if I never find my tribe?

I know I can stay strong
but tell me, just for how long?

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Shadow Self (1) - Facing Our Shadow Self

Facing our dark side Though there are many versions of the concept of 'Shadow Self', the one that I feel to be most well rounded is the Carl Jungian concept of the Shadow Self. The shadow self are the parts of our own nature that we wish to avoid looking at and hence that which we wish to avoid relating our self image with. It refers to the neglected parts of ourselves that we would have pushed away into our subconscious because we intentionally or unintentionally avoid dealing with it, at the moment when it begged to be dealt with, out of the pressure of our own beliefs of who we should or should not be. It can include everything outside the light of our consciousness and may be positive or negative. Now, I believe we are energy itself. When a part of our energy begs for our attention because it feels hurt or at a lower vibration, it is up to us, whether we decide to deal with that part of ourselves or not. Of course,  1. the surrounding environment,  2...

Ads