Skip to main content

Collaboration Poem: A Quarantine Letter

Canva Letter Illustration
From
The collaborators of this poem,
@Various_Handles,
in Instagram,
on the World Wide Web,
I.P: 108.11.0.1 (obviously imaginary)

Date - 23rd July 2020

To
Maitreyi K
@maitreyi_parinaama
in Instagram,
on the World Wide Web,
I.P: 111.11.0..1 (not really)
 

Through
A Post

Hi maitreyi_parinaama👋,
 
How are you dealing with 2020, so far?
Working all night, sleeping all day,
Missing those idiots who make me laugh,
Spending the days that never return, 
I feel so dumb right now
6 words are not enough
To explain this madness!
Chores, Rationing, Fear!
My daughter, Family, Frustration!
I do hope that you make 
Your quarantine insanely productive.

Yours truly
(with a mask)
Your collab poetry

@maitreyi_parinaama Instagram Letter
 Click above to see the post!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

The Whispers of Pure Love - Nenjukul Peidhidum Translation

Headphones and ambient volume  recommended :) Play the song and enjoy the meaning Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A delicate lotus sinks in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly the weather changes Penne un mel pizhai! Girl, it's all your fault! (that I feel all this when I think of you) Nillamal veesidum peralai Ceaseless waves (of love) crash (on me) Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai My sweetheart swims in my heart Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai A dazzling precious damsel Penne nee kaanchanai Girl you are golden Oh shaanthi shaanti oh shaanthi Oh Shanthi.. Yen uyirai uyirai neeyenthi You have taken away my heart Yen sendraai sendraai yennai thaandi Why did you cross over and beyond me? Ini neethan yenthan andhaathi Hereafter you alone are my beginning and ending Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A lotus sinking in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly ...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Ads