Skip to main content

Making Choices = Facing Consequences

There is no choice without a consequence


Hellew lovely readers! Been a while, hasn't it!

I hope you are safe, sound and searching for your soul because 2021 doesn't seem to be going away in a hurry any time soon - hence now is the best time to choose to look within and discover/create yourself. 

This choice certainly has its consequences :

Empowerment. Energetic Alignment. Soulful Satisfaction.

Before these sweet consequences come into the picture, you’ll have to face the not so pretty consequence of discomfort, venturing into the unknown, questioning yourself and your life choices up till now, critically evaluating who you are as a person, when previously you might have not even given a thought about this other than superficial SWOT analyses where you might have done a shallow level of self inspection.

I can speak from experience that these seemingly uncomfortable consequences are worth it because in the process of facing them head on, you learn who you truly are and who your soul deeply wants you to be. 

So, coming back to our topic, you might think this is a topic that needs no introduction because haven’t you been doing it your entire life? Getting through challenges and inevitable situations?

Agreed, very much it is so that your entire journey up till now can be easily summed up into the choices you’ve made and the consequences they’ve led to, but how many times have you actually faced a consequence?

Remember, running away from a situation, praying for yourself to be saved by someone or doing something for the sake of getting through a situation without even allowing yourself to think what you could possibly learn from it, is not facing consequences. 

It is escapism at its worst and survival at its best.

Some of us may even have a rather ego inflating belief that you can “face” anything life throws at you when you aren’t actually facing it - you are just scraping through it.

I sense those who have read up till now are at the brink of introspection and it gives me immense pleasure to catalyze it further.

Think about it dear reader.

How many times have you actually faced a situation, come out of it, evaluated which choice led to which chain of events and actually became wiser because of that experience?

When you poke yourself with a sharp nail, you understand that sharp objects need to be handled with care, but if only all choices lead to such straightforward consequences! 

Alas they mostly don’t.

Never in the case of life choices.

Sometimes you need to make a choice with absolutely no clue of exactly what the consequence holds for you!

Sometimes you may have made choices that seemed best at that time period and now looking back, they have became one of your more regrettable ones.

And this is why evaluation of the impact of your choices is a key habit to develop.

There is a difference between overthinking a choice and evaluating a choice, wherein evaluation actually leads to an intentional, informed action towards a choice, whereas overthinking doesn’t.

And let’s say that even after careful evaluation, the choice you made throws up an unexpected consequence or situation.

In such a case, don't pray for you to escape the situation, because the funny thing is, that same situation (consequence) will crop up in different forms till you learn to face it or at the very least, till you evaluate enough to understand why or how it happened.

You may or may not be able to avert sticky situations but the experience and wisdom you gain by handling them head on, with the intention of finding something you can learn from them, makes this journey that much more simpler.

There is always something you can learn from the consequences of your choices.

Facing consequences is how you learn to live life.

And I hope you do, bravely, authentically, limitlessly :)

Popular posts from this blog

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

A Message to All Hoomans

        One day an Alien came to Earth Expecting to find it full of joy & mirth But the scene that met its eyes Was worse than the shrill screeching of mice Everywhere it saw, men And women were fighting As to which one was greater Neither giving any logical evidence for citing Man said " I'm the greater one For I'm physically strong" Woman said " I'm the one who bears babies And therefore you are wrong" Man said  "I'm more courageous And that's a point for reckoning" Woman said " I'm your better half Without me you're nothing" Man said " I can do many things That you can never imagine to do" Woman said " I can too And hence, the same back at you" At this the alien wondered aloud "What's happening in this planet?! This is different from what my mom said In a childhood sonnet!" "I was told in school too That Earth was inhabited by humans Never did I know that there existed Two ...

Ads