Skip to main content

On Feelings - A Monologue

Every feeling you feel is real. 

It has value. It is valid. 

It's completely normal for you to feel the feeling you are feeling.

Its okay✅ to feel angry and feel like breaking something 
(or someone) 😠

Its not okay❌ to execute this action❗😨🤕

Understand your feeling and ask yourself

Why am I feeling like this?🤨🤔

If you get an answer😯💡

Try to find a proper solution😎 from a calm mind😇

How do you get a calm mind? 
It depends on if you believe in the power of deep breaths and grounding yourself, but distracting your brain🗯️ from the trigger helps.

Distraction can be as simple as counting your fingers and toes 👐, stroking the inside of your palm (it tickles) or swirling saliva in your mouth (sounds gross, but helps).

Basically doing an easy access activity that requires minimal effort but requires you to be focused on it.

Now that you feel grounded, 

Listen to your feelings🗣️👂🏻

Understand your feelings🧏🏻‍♀️ 

If this feeling is about someone else❓

know that you can only tell them how you're feeling🗣️👤

But you cannot control their reaction to your feelings 🤷🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️

Everyone has their right to their own feel✅

And everyone must respect that feeling😌..
even if it is not what you expect them to feel😕

Sometimes things📉 or people🧍🏻‍♀️❌🧍🏻 
don't work out the way you want them to😔

and that's okay :)

Remember that the only person or thing you can control is YOU

You cannot control someone else or change someone else's feeling or attitude ❌

That's a fact💯

Unless they see what's wrong in themselves, they won't ever change 🤷🏻‍♀️

Its up to you to decide how you're going to interact with them after you share your views on them to them.

If this feeling is about a situation, breathe

You can only do what YOU can do in this situation; you can't make the situation do something.

And honestly, you cannot forcefully change a situation, a person or anything other than yourself

Its absolutely stupid 🙄to think that you can change something beyond your control 🤯

You can only change your perspective 🧐.

So, try to deal with yourself by yourself😌

You cannot ask someone else to clean your mess or your feelings🙅🏻‍♀️

Take responsibility for yourself💪

☝️Simple to say🤓

Very difficult to follow😢

But try to be responsible for yourself everyday😊

Nobody and no situation❌ is responsible for your happiness ❤️, sadness💔, anger😡 or loneliness😢 Except YOU

Its okay to ask for help🎭 as long as you are also willing to do the work❗

Miracles🥳 start with you, the day you notice what's wrong and decide to work with yourself 😎

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

A Birthday Post to Me (Why not? :P)

Today marks the beginning of the 20th year of my earthly existence, although I feel like a 10 year old kid with 10 years of work experience with life.  I generally wouldn't really like celebrating my birthday (which would usually consist of wishes from my loved ones, a new dress gifted by my parents and a surprise cake from my sister). I felt I had to achieve something worthy enough to call for a "celebration", so to speak. But this year though, is so radically different. Obviously, the year 2020 or infamously known as The Year That Must Not Be Named (Voldemort reference), has turned all birthdays from the month of March into "Quarantine Birthdays", because literally, the birthday humans were either in self isolation or in lock down. Yet for me, this is such a beautiful birthday that I take pride in celebrating. This day is definitely a cornerstone and a turning point in my life. It marks the culmination of my inner journey of soul searching, life purpose findin...

Ads