Skip to main content

Our Eternal Mother


The universe knows my struggle
As I face nightmares in my sleep
It knows my ecstatic happiness
When I achieve my dreams within this dream

The awakening is tough
When I force^ myself to become aware
That my reality is but maya (slumber)
That my consciousness needs elevation
In the name of renunciation 

Don't force yourself dear little one
The eternal universe warmly says

What use is it to show the secrets of the cosmos, 
to a half awakened child who would rather prefer its sleep?
What use is it to show nectar
To a tiger loving its meat?

Come to me when you're ready little one, forever awaiting your arrival, i will be
Fear not the world you leave behind, for I am the true reality

Forsake your ahamkaara*
Forsake your sense of self
For you are a dramatist emoting my script
A director's actor, a breathing puppet

Take however long to arrive at this realization
Fear not death, for it is but the next journey on

Try to do good, be good and kind to all
For the law of cause and effect will reward you, be it your rise or your fall 

Forget not thy dignity and thy purpose
Enjoy as much as you can, this repose
Come to me when you feel saturated and ready to wake
How many ever lifetimes that may take

I, your eternal mother, await thee
For aeons i have and for eons i will be.


___________________________________________________
^force myself to become aware - when I attended a spiritual discourse for the first time, i felt drawn to the idea of spirituality and renunciation to such an extent that i wanted to "prepare" for the journey and would force myself to forsake little joys, only to let my passions win and in the end, end up "defeated" and feeling guilty. I became aware of the ego trap I had put myself into, because i secretly wanted to feel superior to my peers by advancing in my spiritual journey (!! Utterly wrong intentions!! No wonder i ended up discarding a golden opportunity for the sake of egoistic praise). Now, I'm in a much better place, mentally and spiritually.


*ahamkaara- Sanksrit for "I do";

in this context, it refers to our sense of individuality and the ego that focusses on the subject I instead of the verb did with respect to any outcome creating action (i.e.) "the event occured because of me and my doing", when in reality, we are mere instruments through which the outcome has occurred and not the determiner of the outcome itself.

Popular posts from this blog

A Message to All Hoomans

        One day an Alien came to Earth Expecting to find it full of joy & mirth But the scene that met its eyes Was worse than the shrill screeching of mice Everywhere it saw, men And women were fighting As to which one was greater Neither giving any logical evidence for citing Man said " I'm the greater one For I'm physically strong" Woman said " I'm the one who bears babies And therefore you are wrong" Man said  "I'm more courageous And that's a point for reckoning" Woman said " I'm your better half Without me you're nothing" Man said " I can do many things That you can never imagine to do" Woman said " I can too And hence, the same back at you" At this the alien wondered aloud "What's happening in this planet?! This is different from what my mom said In a childhood sonnet!" "I was told in school too That Earth was inhabited by humans Never did I know that there existed Two ...

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

I made it to the beginning

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled, Hoping for a saviour strong Praying for deliverance every second Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong Day after day, as I lay low Watching my fears grow The thought of giving up inviting for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting Why are there no answers to my cries of agony? If there is a God, where is He? If there is a universe, what is it doing? Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding. At times, there came flickers of light Too small to enlighten but present Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight And strength in my faith, escalating Suddenly, the surroundings all dark I feel pulled from all directions, tortured Layers of my being were being torn Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on A test to my faith, it seemed so As unimaginable pain and discomfort Taunted my mind, which thought It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm Suddenly...

Ads