Skip to main content

I made it to the beginning

Peace Can't Wait – Hood Memorial Christian Church

Lying for months inside fear and self doubt, crippled,
Hoping for a saviour strong
Praying for deliverance every second
Not daring to make a move, in case it went wrong

Day after day, as I lay low
Watching my fears grow
The thought of giving up inviting
for me, who was tired and exhausted of fighting

Why are there no answers to my cries of agony?
If there is a God, where is He?
If there is a universe, what is it doing?
Am I delusional to pray so? thus escalated my brooding.

At times, there came flickers of light
Too small to enlighten but present
Ecstatic I become on seeing such a sight
And strength in my faith, escalating

Suddenly, the surroundings all dark
I feel pulled from all directions, tortured
Layers of my being were being torn
Though afraid, to the memories of that light I latched on

A test to my faith, it seemed so
As unimaginable pain and discomfort
Taunted my mind, which thought
It impossible to get respite from this incessant storm

Suddenly, the pain subsided
The storm vanished, as though no more
A warmth touched my eyes
And strengthened my soul

Disbelievingly, I slowly uncurl
Feeling a tickling gentle shock throughout my form
Stepping forward hesitantly, I find
The earth firm beneath my feet, the entrapment gone

Standing tall, I discover
A pair of leaves waving confidently
A network of firm roots nourishing
A tender yet infinitely strong body

Surrounding me are hundreds of massive trees
That the storm hath not hurt? I ponder
And realize that it was a storm within me
That helped me become and evolve.

Popular posts from this blog

Mantra Meditation - A Miraculous Journey

Wow its been a month (almost) from the last time I posted...!  I humbly apologize for my inconsistency in posting articles. Jumping into today's article, I'm here to share my experience with Mantra Meditation, which is so much more simpler than it sounds. for representational purposes only The basics, to my knowledge, is that one chooses a mantra/affirmation/prayer/verse that they believe strongly in (or are trying to believe in) and meditate on that by simply focusing all their energy in the process of chanting. The beauty is, this method is so simple and easy, requiring very little effort and can even be done purely by listening  to the chanting (though actually chanting it gives a much better feel). Now this chanting can be done by oneself or in a sangha (a community) and I highly recommend community chanting because: 1) It gives you motivation to repeat the process and make it an integral part of your routine 2) It gives you a sense of accountability because you feel obl...

The Whispers of Pure Love - Nenjukul Peidhidum Translation

Headphones and ambient volume  recommended :) Play the song and enjoy the meaning Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A delicate lotus sinks in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly the weather changes Penne un mel pizhai! Girl, it's all your fault! (that I feel all this when I think of you) Nillamal veesidum peralai Ceaseless waves (of love) crash (on me) Nenjukkul neenthidum thaaragai My sweetheart swims in my heart Pon vannam soodiya kaarigai A dazzling precious damsel Penne nee kaanchanai Girl you are golden Oh shaanthi shaanti oh shaanthi Oh Shanthi.. Yen uyirai uyirai neeyenthi You have taken away my heart Yen sendraai sendraai yennai thaandi Why did you cross over and beyond me? Ini neethan yenthan andhaathi Hereafter you alone are my beginning and ending Nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai A gentle rainstorm in my heart Neerukul moozhgidum thaamarai A lotus sinking in its waters Sattendru maarudhu vaanilai Suddenly ...

Ads