Skip to main content

21* - Big Innings

Level 21 in Lockdown

Hello my lovely readers! I took a pleasant break from blogging to focus a lot on my inner world and lets just say it was worth every bit of the hiatus. 

I feel a lot more fresh, inspired, energized and enlightened and we at Parinaama are going to serve your mind, body and soul with the nuggets of wisdom we know you'll appreciate. 

Cricket lovers will understand the title of today's post (I maayyyyy have been a tad bit influenced by my effervescent cricket mad editor) and for me personally, the number 21 is quite significant.

2+1 adds up to 3 (my absolute favourite number)
21 is the day of the month I was born
20 overs are all there is in T20 cricket BUT its the 21st over (the super over) that becomes the turning point of a nail biting match that ended in a tie.

And strangely, that's how I feel about my life so far.

The first 10 years - lost in oblivion. I barely developed proper social skills since I was labelled "shy" and I stuck to that label out of fear of the unknown. I felt lost. I was made to think that making everyone happy had to be my top priority. I grew into a meek, spineless, "nice" person. I lived in autopilot. I was never present in the moment to enjoy it. I had pitifully few friends and I lived with a constant fear of abandonment because deep down, even at that young age, I knew I wasn't being authentic because I didn't know myself.

The next 10 years? An absolute hell of a rollercoaster. I moved countries, cities, travelled to many places, experienced intense emotional trauma and never felt a sense of safety or home in myself, the 19th year being the worst (in retrospect, it gave me the lessons and wisdom I needed in the most gut wrenching manner). The 20th year felt like a standstill, with time itself deigning to stop, to give me the space to evaluate where I pathetically stood and the resources to heal and evolve at an exponential rate.


A healing and evolution which beautifully occurred.

The entire period between March 2020 till now, seems magical and miraculous to say the least. I set the intention to know myself, the good, bad, ugly and every little thing in between. I had a single minded goal to unbecome who I had thought I was "supposed" to be and become who I authentically am.

I set out on a journey to love myself - a thought I would laugh at previously because I used to hate myself bitterly and also since I had been conditioned to falsely believe that self love and self awareness were selfish and dangerous.

I met the most amazing, uplifting souls along the way. Some as friends, some as mirrors, some as gurus, some as guides, some as supporters. All of whom gave me something I had never felt to such an extent from the world - compassion & acceptance.

This compassion lovingly given, helped me let go of my past, embrace my present and trust my future. My heart goes out to those who suffered or felt suffering owing to the pandemic that overtook the world in the year 2020 but for me, I feel deep gratitude for the past year and a half. Solitude helped me strengthen and recuperate myself enough to not only support me but also the ones of my soul tribe.

And here I stand, in my 21st over.
Quite determined to make it the turning point *wink*. 


Of course all of this will reflect in our blog, so stay tuned for newer faces and fresher formats!

Sending you prayers of growth
Maitreyi K
21 and Just Getting Started.

Popular posts from this blog

A translation of Malargal Kaeten - A tribute to the Universe

(best experienced with music👆) Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Yedhai naan kaetpin.... What should I ask then... ...Aaaahhhhhh....Aaaahhhhhhh... Y edhai naan kaetpin  unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Malargal Kaettaen Vanamae Thanthanai Flowers I asked, A flowering garden you gave Thanneer Kaettaen Amirtham Thanthanai Water I asked, Nectar you gave Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen.... Malargal Kaettaen... Malargal Kaettaen... Yedhai naan kaetpin unaiyae tharuvaai ....? What should I ask then, for you to give yourself (to me)....? Ga - Ga Ma Ga Ma - Ri Ma Ga

Insights from MBA - Work, Play, Tea and Everything in Between

It's 12:38 AM in my clock.  I'm on holidays.  Ideally I could be asleep. But I'm not. I honestly miss the life at campus, where, on a regular day, I'd be in a frenzied brainstorming session with my group mates, trying to squeeze our collective brain cells to come up with a presentation for the 8 AM lecture next day.  I've had plenty of ups and downs, surprises and disappointments, core memories and gut wrenching experiences in a bundle of mere 6 months with this course. Each day would be different in its challenges. Navigating everything  - new approaches to lectures, discussions, interpersonal relationships, the dynamic campus layout (it deserves a Marauder's Map), being boxed into a solo room, finding friends, finding yourself... the list goes on!! - and trying to stay afloat without nearing burnout is an achievement of its own. I was foolish enough to think I could glide through this with grace. I had accumulated so many useful mindsets, techniques, tools and

BYOV- Be Your Own Valentine

Greetings wanderer! I sure hope January 2021 has been a month of reflections, insights, celebrations and joy for you as it has been for me. I cannot believe the extent to which I have accelerated in my spiritual journey and I have my amazingly supportive and wonderfully open minded soul family to thank ( shout out to y'all! ) for being with me every step of the way. Alright, before you switch tabs or exit this page entirely (I promise it contains exactly what the title says... bear with me as you always lovingly do), I dive deep into today's topic (which has a lot to do with the preamble of this article) and announce to your ever supportive eyes that this year on, I am my own valentine (by choice)! Self Partnering is the new Single What do I mean by that?  I mean to say I have learnt to unconditionally accept and love the beautiful jumble of soul, spirit, mind, muscle and bones that forms me. I have promised to me that I'll nurture myself everyday and strive to transform al

Ads